Monday, April 15, 2013

T.I.G.E.R. and "Pay it Forward"

Meadowbrook's unique T.I.G.E.R. program helps us build a strong community at Camp and teaches our Campers what we believe are 5 important, life-long values that are crucial for success.


We positively re-enforce demonstrating these values at Camp in a variety of ways:  T.I.G.E.R. stickers; T.I.G.E.R. "Warm & Fuzzies"; T.I.G.E.R. Camper of the Day in each Group; Weekly T.I.G.E.R. Camper in each Division; and the T.I.G.E.R. Cup which is awarded to the Divisions that does the best job demonstrating T.I.G.E.R. qualities each week.

While we are strong believers in positive reinforcement of good behavior throughout Camp, the ultimate success is when those in our Meadowbrook Community (Campers, Parents, Staff) practice T.I.G.E.R. qualities even when they think no-one is watching.  Our goal is for everyone to get to the point where you don't do it for the positive reinforcement...you do it because it is the right thing to do!  Some refer to this as "Pay it Forward."  I often speak with member of our Meadowbrook Community about this topic, both in terms of re-enforcing positive behavior and discouraging negative behavior   I remind them "you never know who is watching, so with everything that you do, assume that someone is watching you do it, even if you don't think anyone is...."

Check out this nice "Pay it Forward" video: "If you give a little love you can get a little love of your own"...

Pay It Forward Video


No comments:

Post a Comment